BAYMEC Community Foundation
Queer Silicon Valley Content Team
Freelance project developing an online exhibit of Silicon Valley LGBTQ+ history and culture.
- Document management via Google Drive, text editing, editing HTML, category and tag taxonomy
- WordPress maintenance and documentation
- Project coordination via Asana and email, creating fundraising collateral
Search Strategy Solutions
Project Lead/Search Editor
Contracted to support short-term client projects.
- Adobe Stock: Led comparative image search assessment, performed data analysis, and authored deliverables.
- eBay: Contributed “query design” judgments for product categories.
Content Project Manager/Senior Search Editor
At Yahoo, I was known for quick turnaround, high-quality execution, and creating effective user experiences. I served as a project manager, strategist, and product expert for a proprietary content management platform used to launch hundreds of new search features globally, as well as possessing deep knowledge of internal analytics tools and query understanding efforts.
- TV Knowledge Graph with enhancements to better target demonstrated user needs.
- 2016 US primary election-related experiences, including content sourcing, UX, and prototyping.
- Tumblr experiments with text and image posts in web search.
- News headlines migration into CMS platform for key markets, including algorithmic triggering and UI tweaks.
- Yahoo media content, such as editorial slideshows and premium video content, embedded in search results.
- 2012 Summer Olympics search features for 12 key markets; served as global team lead.
- Consulted and collaborated cross-departmentally on search feature requirements, A/B tests, and launches.
- Provided inventories of our features to support platform initiatives and documentation of editorial processes.
- Reported and triaged search problems and tool bugs; fixed search features within CMS platform.
- Wrote documentation and trained a global editorial team, including travel to Singapore and Bangalore, India.
San Jose State University
Master of Library & Information Science
Coursework in information technology tools, data science, information architecture and web UX, instructional design, reference services, interaction design, and research methods.
University of Washington
Bachelor of Arts
Double major in Psychology and Journalism.
- HTML/CSS and WordPress
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM, data analysis/statistics
- Collaborative editing (Twiki, Jive)
- Courses in web development, MySQL, R, and Python
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Google Suite
- Survey design, research, usability analysis and evaluation