BAYMEC Community Foundation
Queer Silicon Valley Content Team
Freelance project developing an online exhibit of Silicon Valley LGBTQ+ history and culture.
- Document management via Google Drive, text editing, editing HTML, category and tag taxonomy
- Project coordination via Asana and email, creating fundraising collateral
Search Strategy Solutions
Project Lead/Search Editor
Contracted to support short-term client projects.
- Adobe Stock: Led comparative image search assessment, performed data analysis, and authored deliverables.
- eBay: Contributed “query design” judgments for product categories.
Content Project Manager/Senior Search Editor
At Yahoo, I was known for quick turnaround, high-quality execution, and creating effective user experiences. I served as a project manager, strategist, and product expert for a proprietary content management platform used to launch hundreds of new search features globally, as well as possessing deep knowledge of internal analytics tools and query understanding efforts.
- TV Knowledge Graph with enhancements to better target demonstrated user needs.
- 2016 US primary election-related experiences, including content sourcing, UX, and prototyping.
- Tumblr experiments with text and image posts in web search.
- News headlines migration into CMS platform for key markets, including algorithmic triggering and UI tweaks.
- Yahoo media content, such as editorial slideshows and premium video content, embedded in search results.
- 2012 Summer Olympics search features for 12 key markets; served as global team lead.
- Consulted and collaborated cross-departmentally on search feature requirements, A/B tests, and launches.
- Provided inventories of our features to support platform initiatives and documentation of editorial processes.
- Reported and triaged search problems and tool bugs; fixed search features within CMS platform.
- Wrote documentation and trained a global editorial team, including travel to Singapore and Bangalore, India.
San Jose State University
Master of Library & Information Science
Coursework in information technology tools, instructional design, reference services, interaction design, and research methods.
University of Washington
Bachelor of Arts
Double major in Psychology and Journalism.
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM, data analysis/statistics, WordPress
- Collaborative editing (Twiki, Jive)
- Courses in web development, MySQL, R, and Python
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Google Suite
- Survey design, research, usability analysis and evaluation